Book Review: #Niteblessings by Malcolm Duncan

Dear Friends,

I first came across Malcolm Duncan’s #niteblessings via his Facebook page and Twitter. He shared on these sites that his blessings were going to be put together as a gift book. So, when his book became available to request through NetGalley in return for an honest review, I jumped at the chance to read it. I was not disappointed.

There are 365 blessings to be read. They have the day and the month so you can either can dip into the book and read whichever one you like or, as I prefer, read the blessing for that day. They are not dated for a particular year so they have the added bonus for being suitable for any year which means they can be read and re-read.

I read this on my kindle but, in my opinion, it is far better as a hardcover book, especially as it includes photos throughout. I like the idea of having it beside my bed for easy reach as I settle down for the night so that it is the last thing I think about before I shut my eyes.

For the majority of us, life is busy and can be stressful. We can find it hard to relax and rest and difficult to switch off at night. I believe this book will be a blessing to those who do feel stressed and have difficulty sleeping.

To read a blessing just before settling down for the night will help the reader to re-focus on God so that their thoughts are on him, rather than on their worries. It can be an aid to help align their perspective with God’s. I believe these blessings encourage you to hand your concerns over to God and can help bring peace to your mind and therefore aid sleep. Even if you are someone who wakes up during the night with worries whirling through your mind, if this book is right by your bed, you can pick it up, re-read the blessing for that day and think on what God has to say.

The Bible tells us:

“Finally, believers, whatever is true, whatever is honourable and worthy of respect, whatever is right and confirmed by God’s word, whatever is pure and wholesome, whatever is lovely and brings peace, whatever is admirable and of good repute; if there is any excellence, if there is anything worthy of praise, think continually on these things [centre your mind on them, and implant them in your heart].” Philippians 4:8 (AMP)

Malcolm Duncan’s book helps us to do just that.



Malcolm Duncan is the Lead Pastor at Dundonald Elim Church, Elim. 

You can connect with him in the following ways:

He has written several books, his latest one, #Niteblessings is available to preorder for various places, including AmazonEden and Book Depository

Vicki



Comments

Popular posts

Do You Know You Are God's Prized Possession?

You Are The Apple of God's Eye

You are God's Favourite

The Apprentice Prayer

The Blessing Of Pain

The Teacup Story

"God Is Taking Everything Away From Me"

Mary and Elizabeth's Friendship

Set Your Sights on the Realities of Heaven

Do You Know That God has Tattoos?