The Apprentice Prayer

Dear Friends,

I receive devotional emails from the website "Soul Shepherding".  In one of the emails several months ago Bill Gaultiere shared  "The Apprentice Prayer".

I have printed it out and placed it in my journal so I can refer back to it and pray it again. 

This is the Apprentice Prayer: 

Jesus, I love you! Father, I adore you! Holy Spirit, I rely on you!

Lord Jesus, I seek to live as your apprentice in all that I do today. My life is your school for teaching me. I relinquish my agenda for this day and I submit myself to you and your kingdom purposes. In all situations I abandon outcomes to you, praying, “Your will, your way, your time.”

Dear Father, I ask you to ordain the events of this day and use them to make me more like Jesus. I trust you, Sovereign Lord, that you won’t let anything happen to my family or me today, except that it passes through your loving hands. So no matter what problems, hardships, or injustices I face today help me not to worry or get frustrated, but instead to relax in the yoke of your providence. Yes, today I will rejoice because I am in your eternal kingdom, you love me, and you are teaching me!

My Lord, I devote my whole self to you.  I want to be all and only for Jesus!  Today, I love you with all my heart, all my soul, all my mind, all my strength, and all my relationships.

Today, I depend on you, Holy Spirit, not my own resources. Help me to keep in step with you.

Today, I look to love others as you love me, dear God, blessing everyone I meet, even those who mistreat me.

Today, I’m ready to lead people to follow you, Jesus.

Amen.

This prayer helps me to remember that Jesus is my teacher and I am his student (or apprentice).  My life is about his purposes for me rather than about my will for my life.

It reminds me that my life is in his hands and that I can trust him whatever happens.  It helps me to keep him in his rightful place as first in my life, and that life is about loving him and loving others.  All the while living dependently on him and keeping in step with the Holy Spirit.

Praying this prayer sets my direction for the day ahead.  It helps me to focus on my relationship with God.  It helps me to start the day with the right attitude.

To Think About:
Why not print out a copy of this prayer so that you can pray it over your life. 

What difference does it make to your day when you begin it in conversation with God?

Here's the link to the Soul Shepherding website: http://www.soulshepherding.org/

Vicki

Comments

Popular posts

Do You Know You Are God's Prized Possession?

You Are The Apple of God's Eye

You are God's Favourite

The Blessing Of Pain

The Teacup Story

"God Is Taking Everything Away From Me"

Mary and Elizabeth's Friendship

Set Your Sights on the Realities of Heaven

Do You Know That God has Tattoos?